Enhance collaboration between environmental education professionals and conservation leaders to more effectively achieve conservation goals—from protecting species and wild spaces to engaging people in conservation planning.
Here's a sample of the feedback from the global community:
- "Teach our children in our environment and school to be agents of environmental awareness and action."
- "Involve learners of all ages in community conservation projects."
- "Support educators in developing project-based learning curriculum to get youth working on solving real conservation problems now."
- "Reach out to land trusts around the world to help them establish EE programs as part of their mission."
- "EE is often viewed as for children solely. Adults also require EE experiences. I recommend tying children's EE experiences directly to conservation practices that influence the adults, and engaging adults directly through programming aimed at those that aren't traditionally conservation minded."
- "Support/participate in collaborations with researchers and conservation NGOs to help illuminate and strengthen the connection between environmental education and conservation."
- "Participate in mutually-beneficial collaborations with researchers and conservation NGOs to strengthen the connection between EE and conservation success."
- "Promote experiential learning for students and adults through place-based, real-world opportunities to conserve local resources while enhancing environmental literacy."
- "Create programs that empower young people to become ambassadors for change in their communities, particularly with adults, to further program impact and engage new audiences."
- "Link environmental educators with conservation professionals to work collaboratively toward sustainable solutions. We need to work together, not in separate silos."
- "Use the many tools that are out there to plan conservation programs with people in mind, using education as one important strategy to achieve change."
- "Demonstrate how education can help address the sustainable development goals focused on biodiversity and other conservation issues."
- "Demonstrate the role that education plays, in conjunction with social marketing and communication, to help engage people."