The mission of the GEEP is to create a vibrant and inclusive learning network designed to build capacity in countries around the world to strengthen environmental education leading to a more sustainable future.
To accomplish the mission, the GEEP is striving to:
- Connect and build bridges among practitioners, researchers, policy makers, institutions, providers, and international networks to elevate effective practice, scale impact, share global resources, and catalyze collaboration
- Demonstrate the value and impact of environmental education as a tool for achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Support, mentor, and empower a new generation of innovative and inspirational leaders to shape the future
- Build a global fund to sustain the field and advance our collective work
- Promote Innovation through a Global Environmental Education Think Tank